All though Hijama (cupping therapy) is useful weapons in the fight against many diseases or complaints and is harmless, relatively safe and does not cause any adverse side-effects, however hijama cupping therapy must be performed by qualified professional therapist under sterile conditions, using sterile instruments to eliminate the risk of cross infections. The cuts typically heal within a few days leaving behind no scarring. The patients must follow the instructions of the practitioner regarding the precautions to be taken pre and post treatment.
Contra indication of Hijama (cupping therapy)
Hijama (cupping) should not be done on the following cases or situations.
* If you have a recent operation.
* An untreated medical condition.
* Bone or joint disorders
* Cardiovascular disorders ( heart problems,severe varicose veins and thrombosis).
* If you have low platelet levels.
* Pregnancy (or post natal).
* Severe skin disorders.
* Severe mental illness.
* If you have a cardiac pacemaker.
* If you suffer with bleeding disorder and hemorrhagic diseases such as haemophilia and leukaemia.
* If you are anaemic or very weak.
* Wet cupping is not suite able for very elderly or very young individuals.